10 Examples of Conditional Sentences in English
If you’re studying English as a second language, you’ll need to know how to use conditional sentences. This type of sentence is used to talk about possible situations and what could happen in those situations. There are many different types of conditional sentences, but today we’ll look at 10 examples. Let’s get started!
What is a Conditional Sentence? A conditional sentence is made up of two parts – the condition and the result. The condition is usually an action that needs to happen first, in order for the result to occur. For example:
- If I have time, I will visit my grandparents.
Here, the condition (if I have time) must be met first, before the result (I will visit my grandparents) can happen.
There are four different types of conditional sentences in English, and each one has a different function.
Examples of Conditional Sentences
1) She’ll be here soon if she takes a taxi.
2) I would visit you, but I’m very busy at the moment.
3) We could go out for dinner if you’re free tonight.
4) If it rains tomorrow, I’ll stay home.
5) I’ll buy a new car if I win the lottery.
6) You’ll pass your exams if you study hard.
7) I would help you, but I don’t know how.
8) We can go to the park if you want.
9) I’ll be able to see you if I come to visit next week.
10) If you need any help, just let me know.
As you can see, there are many different ways to use conditional sentences in English. Just remember that the condition must be met first before the result can happen. If you’re unsure about how to use conditional sentences, ask a native speaker or your English teacher for help. Thanks for reading!