25 English Garden Words, Garden Vocabulary in English! Do you love spending time outside in the garden? If so, you’ll enjoy learning about these 25 English words related to gardening. Each word has a specific meaning that will help you better understand this enjoyable activity. With knowledge of these words, you’ll be able to communicate more effectively with other gardeners and take your gardening skills to the next level!
Garden Vocabulary Words
Below is the list of garden words:
- Garden gloves
- Lawn mower
- Flower pot
- Garden hose
- Watering can
25 Garden Words Examples Sentences
1) She was trimming the branches.
2) I need to get some fertilizer for the lawn.
3) We should plant more annuals in the front yard.
4) I think my roses have blackspot.
5) Did you see the way he weeded the garden bed?
6) You should stake your tomato plants before they get too big.
7) I can’t wait to harvest the cucumbers!
8) The daffodils are blooming.
9) I think there’s a slug in my lettuce.
10) These zucchinis are huge!
11) The hydrangeas are so beautiful right now.
12) My neighbor put up a trellis for her climbing roses.
13) The vegetable garden needs to be watered everyday.
14) I love the smell of freshly cut grass.
15) The tulips are my favorite spring flower.
16) We should get rid of these thistles.
17) She will plough.
18) This insect is eating all my leaves!
19) Wow, look at the size of that pumpkin!
20) I’m going to plant some herbs in this pot.
21) The butterfly landed on the flower.
22) He’s been working in the garden all day.
23) It’s time to fertilize the lawn again.
24) She’s very interested in horticulture.
25) They have a beautiful garden.