25 Flowers Name List in English! Flowers are the reproductive organs of angiosperms, the group of plants that produce seeds inside capsules or fruits. The petals are generally colorful, and attract pollinators.
As an ESL Student, learning the names of different flowers in English can be very useful. Not only will you be able to better communicate with your fellow English speakers, but you’ll also be able to impress them with your vast knowledge of the language!
Flower Names and Definitions
1) Rose: A rose is a flowering shrub or vine in the genus Rosa, within the family Rosaceae. There are over three hundred species of roses.
2) Lily: Lily is a common name for flowering plants of the genus Lilium, which includes around 110 species.
3) Daisy: The daisy is a flower with a yellow disc surrounded by white petals. There are many different species of daisy.
4) Tulip: Tulips are flowers in the genus Tulipa. There are over three hundred species of tulips.
5) Daffodil: A daffodil is a member of the genus Narcissus, within the family Amaryllidaceae. There are around fifty species of daffodils.
6) Sunflower: The sunflower is a tall annual plant with large yellow flowers. The scientific name for sunflower is Helianthus annuus.
7) Chrysanthemum: Chrysanthemums, sometimes called mums, are flowering plants in the genus Chrysanthemum. There are over four hundred species of chrysanthemums.
8) Orchid: Orchids are a diverse group of flowering plants with around twenty-eight thousand species.
9) Hibiscus: Hibiscus is a genus of flowering plants in the family Malvaceae. There are around two hundred species of hibiscus.
10) Jasmine: Jasmine is a genus of flowering plants in the olive family. There are around two hundred species of jasmine.
11) Marigold: Marigolds are annual or perennial herbs in the genus Calendula, within the family Asteraceae. There are around fifteen species of marigolds.
12) Poppy: The poppy is a flowering plant in the genus Papaver, within the family Papaveraceae. There are around sixty species of poppy.
13) Snapdragon: Snapdragon is a genus of plants in the family Scrophulariaceae. There are around two hundred species of snapdragon.
14) Freesia: Freesia is a genus of flowering plants in the family Iridaceae. There are around fifty-four species of freesia.
15) Water Lily: A water lily is a aquatic plant that belongs to the family Nymphaeaceae. There are about seventy-five species of water lily.
16) Gardenia: Gardenia is a genus of flowering plants in the coffee family. There are around one hundred and fifty species of gardenia.
17) Begonia: Begonia is a genus of perennial herbs with over two thousand species.
18) Lobelia: Lobelia is a genus of herbaceous plants in the family Campanulaceae. There are around three hundred and sixty species of lobelia.
19) Petunia: Petunia is a genus of flowering plants in the nightshade family (Solanaceae). There are about two hundred and fifty species of petunia.
20) Gladiolus: Gladiolus is a genus of plants in the iris family. There are around two hundred and fifty species of gladiolus.
21) Aster: Aster is a genus of flowering plants in the family Asteraceae. There are around two thousand species of aster.
22) Snapdragon: Snapdragon is a genus of plants in the family Scrophulariaceae. There are around two hundred species of snapdragon.
23) Zinnia: Zinnia is a genus of annual and perennial herbs in the sunflower family (Asteraceae). There are about one hundred and fifty species of zinnia.
24) Crocus: Crocus is a genus of perennials in the iris family. There are around three hundred and sixty species of crocus.
25) Lily of the Valley: Lily of the Valley is a genus of herbaceous plants in the family Convallariaceae. There are around fifteen species of Lily of the Valley.
Flower Names in Sentences
1) She likes to smell rose flower.
2) I saw a beautiful lily in the garden.
3) He gave her a daisy flower.
4) The tulips are so pretty in the garden.
5) Daffodils are my favourite flowers.
6) I don’t like sunflowers.
7) My mom loves chrysanthemums.
8) I got an orchid for Mother’s Day.
9) Hibiscus is a really pretty flower.
10) Jasmine is one of my favorite flowers.
11) Marigolds are often used as a herb.
12) Poppies are symbols of sleep and peace.
13) I loves nap dragons!
14) Freesias smell amazing!
15) Water lilies are so beautiful.
16) Gardenias are my mom’s favorite flower.
17) Begonias come in many different colors.
18) Lobelias are often used as an ornamental plant.
19) Petunias are really easy to take care of.
20) Gladiolus flowers look like they could hurt you.
21) Asters are pretty but they make me sneeze.
22) Snapdragons come in many different colors.
23) Zinnias are really easy to grow.
24) Crocus flowers signal the start of spring.
25) Lily of the Valley is poisonous if ingested.
List of 25 Flower Names
- Water Lily
- Cherry Blossom
- English Daisy