25 Vegetables Names in English, Definition and Examples! Vegetables are the edible parts of plants that are not considered fruits. There are many different types of vegetables, and each has its own unique flavor and texture.
Some common vegetables include broccoli, carrots, celery, cucumbers, green beans, potatoes, and tomatoes. Vegetables can be eaten raw or cooked, and they are often used in salads, soups, stews, and other dishes.
Vegetable Names and Definitions
Here are 25 of the most common vegetables in English, along with their definitions:
1. Artichoke: a vegetable that is the edible flower bud of a thistle plant
2. Asparagus: a slender green vegetable that is typically eaten cooked
3. Bean: a pod-shaped vegetable that is eaten either cooked or raw
4. Beet: a deep red vegetable that is typically eaten cooked
5. Broccoli: an edible green plant that is related to the cabbage family
6. Brussels sprout: a small, round, green vegetable that is typically eaten cooked
7. Cabbage: a leafy vegetable that can be green, white, or red in color
8. Carrot: an orange-colored root vegetable that is typically eaten raw or cooked
9. Cauliflower: a white or cream-colored vegetable that is related to the cabbage family
10. Celery: a long, thin, crisp vegetable that is typically eaten raw
11. Chicory: a bitter-tasting leafy vegetable that is often used in salads
12. Corn: a yellow vegetable that is eaten cooked on the cob or off
13. Cucumber: a green vegetable that is eaten either raw or cooked
14. Eggplant: a deep purple fruit that is typically eaten cooked
15. Garlic: a bulbous vegetable that is used in cooking
16. Green bean: a pod-shaped vegetable that is eaten either cooked or raw
17. Kale: a dark, leafy green vegetable that is related to the cabbage family
18. Kohlrabi: a round, stemmy vegetable that is typically eaten cooked
19. Leek: a long, white, onion-like vegetable that is often used in soups and stews
20. Lettuce: a leafy green vegetable that is eaten either raw or cooked
21. Mushroom: a fungus that is typically eaten cooked
22. Onion: a bulbous vegetable that is used in cooking
23. Pepper: a red, green, or yellow fruit that is eaten cooked
24. Potato: a tuberous vegetable that is often boiled or mashed
25. Tomato: a red fruit that is eaten cooked or raw
Vegetable Names and Examples
Here are 25 of the vegetables, along with their example sentences:
1) She is eating a brocolli.
2) I like to put carrots in my salads.
3) He doesn’t like to eat mushrooms.
4) I can’t wait to cook the green beans.
5) She’s eating a cucumber for lunch.
6) We had artichokes for dinner last night.
7) I don’t know how to prepare Brussels sprouts.
8) My dad always grows cabbage in his garden.
9) You can find carrots at most grocery stores.
10) I don’t think he likes celery.
11) I’m going to make chicory salad for lunch today.
12) Do you want some corn on the cob?
13) I saw someone eating an eggplant yesterday.
14) I love garlic bread.
15) Green beans are my favorite vegetable.
16) Kale is a really healthy vegetable.
17) Kohlrabi looks like a weird vegetable.
18) Leeks are in the onion family.
19) I usually put lettuce in my sandwiches.
20) Mushrooms can be found in forests.
21) Onions can make you cry if you cut them.
22) Peppers can be spicy or not spicy.
23) Potatoes are a great side dish.
24) I put tomatoes in my omelette this morning.
25) Onions are good for you!