30 Adjective Sentences, Example Sentences with Adjectives
If you’re looking to improve your English skills, one area that you should focus on is using adjectives. Adjectives help to describe people or things, and they can make your writing more interesting. Here are 30 sentences with adjectives that you can use for practice. See if you can identify the adjectives and what they’re describing.
What is an adjective? An adjective is a word that describes a noun or a pronoun. It tells us more about the person or thing that the noun or pronoun represents. Adjectives often come before the nouns they describe, as in “The big dog.” However, they can also come after the nouns, as in “The dog is big.”
30 Adjective Sentences
1. The difficult test was finally over.
2. My little sister is so cute.
3. I’m so bored. There’s nothing to do.
4. That was a close call!
5. He’s such a talented singer.
6. She’s always so cheerful.
7. I can’t believe how lazy he is!
8. The food at that restaurant was terrible.
9. This is the best day ever!
10. I feel so awful about what happened.
11. That was a really stupid thing to do.
12. He’s the smartest person I know!
13. She’s absolutely beautiful inside and out.”
14 “You’re such a slob!” she exclaimed!
15. “I’ve never seen such a mess!”
16. He was so angry that he could barely speak.
17. She was so excited that she couldn’t sleep.
18. I’m so tired I can barely keep my eyes open.
19. I’m so full I can’t eat another bite.
20. She’s so skinny she looks like she’s going to break.
21. He’s so tall he has to duck to get through doorways.
22. That box is so heavy I can’t lift it.
23. This book is so boring I can’t even finish it.
24. That car is so fast it’s like a racecar.
25. This shirt is so soft it feels like silk.
26. That diamond is so big it could blind you.
27. This coffee is so hot it’s going to burn my tongue.
28. That dog is so ugly it’s scary.
29. These shoes are so comfortable I could sleep in them.
30. This bed is so hard I can feel the springs poking me.