30 Conjunction Sentences in English! When you are learning a new language, it is important to understand how the different parts of speech work together. In English, there are 30 conjunctions that can be used to create complex sentences.
By understanding how these conjunctions work, you will be able to form more accurate and sophisticated sentences. In this blog post, we will take a look at some examples of how these conjunctions can be used. Keep in mind that there are many other ways to use these conjunctions, so don’t hesitate to experiment and find the combinations that work best for you!
What is a conjunction?
A conjunction is a word that connects two clauses or phrases. There are 30 conjunctions in English, and they can be divided into three categories: coordinating conjunctions, subordinating conjunctions, and correlative conjunctions.
Conjunction Sentences in English
1. As: I watched as she walked out of the room.
2. But: I want to go, but I don’t have any money.
3. For: I am writing this for my English class.
4. Nor: He hasn’t called, nor has he sent a message.
5. Or: Would you like to go out tonight or stay in?
6. So: I was so tired that I fell asleep on the couch.
7. Than: She is taller than me.
8. Whether: I’m not sure whether I should go or not.
9. Yet: I have yet to finish my homework.
10. And: We went shopping and then had dinner at a restaurant.
11. But also: She is beautiful but also very kind-hearted.
12. Moreover: Moreover, the company is in debt.
13. However: However, I don’t think it is a good idea.
14. Still: I still have a lot of work to do.
15. Also: She also likes to read books.
16. Besides: Besides studying, I also like to play sports.
17. Consequently: He didn’t study for the test, and consequently he failed.
18. Therefore: I was late for class, therefore I missed the announcements.
19. Thus: Thus, the conclusion can be drawn that she is guilty.
20. Though: Even though it was raining, we decided to go for a walk.
21. Nevertheless: Nevertheless, I think it is a good idea.
22. Otherwise: Otherwise, you will fail the class.
23. Still: She is still studying for the test.
24. Notwithstanding: Notwithstanding the fact that he is rich, he is also very generous.
25. Unless: Unless you study hard, you will not get good grades.
26. Whereas: Whereas I like coffee, my sister prefers tea.
27. While: While I was walking to school, I saw a cat on the roof of a car.
28. Whether: It hasn’t been decided whether we are going to have the party at my house or at his house.
29. After: After she finishes her homework, she will go for a walk.
30. Before: I have to go before he gets here.