What Is An Interjection? Definition and Example Sentences in English
Interjections are emotion words. They are words with that comes out of our mouth at the time of different feeling of joy and sorrow, etc. It is an important part of speech and it show the emotions and feeling of the speaker or the writer.
Below is the important list of Interjections with Meaning
- Whew:– Amazement
- Er:– Not knowing what to say
- Uh oh:– Showing dismay
- Uh:– Indicates a pause or more time
- Oh:– I see
- Oops:– Making a mistake
- Um:– Pausing
- Yay/Yaay:– Congratulatory
- Eww:– Something disgusting
- Aah:– Exclamation of fear
- Yeah:– Variant of yes
- Yippee:– Exclamation of celebration
- Hmph:– To indicate displeasure
- Aww:– Something sweet or cute
- Eh:– Question something
- Ahh:– Realization or acceptance
- Hmm:– Hesitating about something
- Ouch:– Exclamation of pain
- Shh:– An indication for silence
- Yikes:– For fear
- Bingo:– Acknowledge something as right
Below are 10 Interjection Example Sentences in English:
- Eww! Stay away you dirty kid.
- Oh! I See.
- Shh! Dad is sleeping, don’t make noise.
- Aah! I am sad at the death of you father.
- Hurray! We won the match.
- Alas! He is no more.
- Ouch! It hit me hard.
- Wow! This is so beautiful.
- Yay! We got the deal.
- Yippee! Congratulations we have customers!